What should I wear? Do I need to bring anything?
Ideally wear reasonably fitted but comfortable, non-restrictive clothing such as leggings/jogging bottoms and a T-shirt/jumper.
There is no need for special footwear, but you may want to bring non slip socks for your comfort.
Please bring a mat. All other equipment is provided for your use during class.
Avoid eating a heavy meal before a session.
Who Benefits from Pilates?
Pilates is suitable for most men and women, from nine to 90, and beyond.
It is particularly suitable for:
Can Pilates help with aches and pains?
- Anybody who aims to incorporate a safe form of exercise into their lives
- Athletes wanting to improve performance
- The desk-bound and inactive
- Those referred from health professionals i.e. physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors and doctors
- Reduces chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- Arthritis, osteoporosis and scoliosis
- Hip, knee and foot problems
- Back, pelvic and pubic symphysis pain during pregnancy and after birth